Help With Closed Classes
Partial List of Closed Classed (Check CAESAR for real time info)
- PSYCH 228-0 (Cognitive Psychology) has been opened as of 10:15 a.m.
Please see below for other classes:
GENDER & SEXUALITY STUDIES
- For 200 level classes that are full, enroll in the waitlist.
- For 300+ level classes that are full, enroll in the waitlist if there is one. If there is not a waitlist in Caesar, email the instructor with a brief explanation in your interest in the class.
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING & MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
If a class is closed, please see https://www.mccormick.northwestern.edu/industrial/students/current-undergraduate/waitlist-requests.html for information on submitting a waitlist. Note that in some cases, seats are initially reserved for declared majors.
- For classes that are closed and have a waitlist, please join the waitlist. The Department will email you if we are able to add you off the waitlist.
- For classes or discussion sections that are closed and do not have a waitlist, regularly check CAESAR since seats often open after registration
1) Some sections are currently capped because some spots have to be saved for incoming students in the fall. The extra spots will open up on Friday, September 15th.
2) Traditionally we have been able to accommodate in our sections all students who need to fulfill the WCAS language requirement . However, please be aware that sections offered at 9am or at 3pm are more likely to have spots available than at other times.
3) For issues and sections set to "Department Consent," please contact:
- Placement Exam, Elisa Baena
- Spanish 101, Eider Etxebarria
- Spanish 115, Maria Teresa Villanueva
- Spanish 121, Shannon Millikin
- Spanish 121 Technical Coordinator: Tasha Seago-Ramaly
- Spanish 125, Irene Finestrat Martinez
- Spanish 127 and 200 (Heritage Track), Julia Oliver Rajan
- Spanish 201, Reyes Moran
- Spanish 204, Denise Bouras
For questions about Spanish 127 students should get in touch directly with the professor.
The Math Department requests that you periodically check CAESAR for changes in availability. For inquiries or to request a permission number for a closed class, contact the department directly via e-mail at email@example.com .
If you need to request enrollment in a closed section, please submit a request through the following forms:
- For CHEM 131 and 141 – https://bit.ly/Chem131-141-Winter2024
- For CHEM 152 and 162 – https://bit.ly/CHEM152-162-Winter2024
- For CHEM 182 – https://bit.ly/CHEM182-Winter24
- For CHEM 215-2 and 235-2 – https://bit.ly/CHEM235-2-Winter2024
- For CHEM 237-2 – https://bit.ly/CHEM237-2-Winter2024
For placement questions or any issues registering for a chemistry class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASIAN LC Language Classes
If you encounter pre-req issues, contact email@example.com .
COMM_ST 102-0 (Public Speaking)
If all sections are full and you need this course for a graduation requirement, please email Randy Iden.
DSGN 106-1/ENGLISH 106-1 (Design/Thinking/Communication)
See the McCormick undergraduate registration site for questions about DTC enrollment.
GEN_ENG 205-1 (Engineering Analysis I)
Students requesting placement in a closed section of EA 1 should fill out the EA 1 form found here.
COMP_SCI 111-0 (Fund Comp Prog)
If you encouter issues, contact CS Permissions Advising.
PRDV 101-1 (McCormick First Year Exp)
Students who encounter issues enrolling in PRDV 101 should submit the PRDV 101 form found here.
For classes that are closed and have a waitlist, please join the waitlist. The Department will email you if we are able to add you off the waitlist. Please email any questions or concerns to econBA@northwestern.edu.
*If any of the Introductory courses below are closed, or you have an issue with a discussion section, please complete our waitlist form and we can see how we can help you. Otherwise contact the instructor teaching the course.
For RELIGION 210 Introduction to Buddhism, contact Prof. Kevin Buckelew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For RELIGION 221 Introduction to the New Testament, contact Dr. Lily Stewart at email@example.com
RTVF 220 Analyzing Media Texts
This course will be reserved for RTVF majors only until all majors have had an opportunity to register; any available seats will be released after 3:30pm on Friday.