Help With Closed Classes
Partial List of Closed Classed (Check CAESAR for real time info)
- Please check back on 9/9 and 9/10 for a running list of closed classes. Other specific course information below.
EARTH AND PLANETARY SCIENCES
- EARTH 203 – If the class is closed, please sign up on the class waitlist here:https://bit.ly/EARTH-203-Fall-2021
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- ENVR_SCI 201 – If you are unable to register for the class directly, please sign up on the class waitlist here: https://bit.ly/ENVR_SCI-201-Fall-2021
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
GENDER & SEXUALITY STUDIES
- For 200 level classes that are full, enroll in the waitlist.
- For 300+ level classes that are full, enroll in the waitlist if there is one. If there is not a waitlist in Caesar, email the instructor with a brief explanation in your interest in the class.
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING & MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
If a class is closed, please see https://www.mccormick.northwestern.edu/industrial/students/current-undergraduate/waitlist-requests.html for information on submitting a waitlist. Note that in some cases, seats are initially reserved for declared majors.
- For classes that are closed and have a waitlist, please join the waitlist. The Department will email you if we are able to add you off the waitlist.
- For classes or discussion sections that are closed and do not have a waitlist, regularly check CAESAR since seats often open after registration
1) Some sections are currently capped because some spots have to be saved for incoming students in the fall. The extra spots will open up on Thursday, September 9th.
2) Traditionally we have been able to accommodate in our sections all students who need to fulfill the WCAS language requirement . However, please be aware that sections offered at 9am or at 3pm are more likely to have spots available than at other times.
3) For issues and sections set to "Department Consent," please contact:
- Placement Exam, Shannon Millikin
- Spanish 101, Heather Colburn
- Spanish 115, Heather Colburn
- Spanish 121, Shannon Millikin
- Spanish 121 Technical Coordinator: Tasha Seago-Ramaly
- Spanish 125, Asha Nagaraj
- Spanish 199, Elena Lanza
- Spanish 201, Reyes Moran
- Spanish 203, Elisa Baena
- Spanish 204, Denise Bouras
For questions about Spanish 127 students should get in touch directly with the professor.
The Math Department requests that you periodically check CAESAR for changes in availability. For inquiries or to request a permission number for a closed class, contact the department directly via e-mail at email@example.com.
For registration problems related to the Chemistry Placement Exam, closed class inquiries, and other issues, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASIAN LC Language Classes
If you encounter pre-req issues, contact email@example.com.
COMM_ST 102-0 (Public Speaking)
Seats are reserved for communication majors. Seats for other programs will open later in the day after 3pm.
DSGN 106-1/ENGLISH 106-1 (Design/Thinking/Communication)
See the McCormick undergraduate registration site for questions about DTC enrollment.
GEN_ENG 205-1 (Engineering Analysis I)
Students requesting placement in a closed section of EA 1 should fill out the EA 1 form found here.
COMP_SCI 111-0 (Fund Comp Prog)
If you encouter issues, contact Melissa Duong, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRDV 101-1 (McCormick First Year Exp)
Students who encounter issues enrolling in PRDV 101 should submit the PRDV 101 form found here.
Or contact your advisor directly:
Student Last Name
A B K
C D E F G H I J
La-Lis, W X Y Z
Lit+, M N O P Q R S T U V