Help With Closed Classes
Partial List of Closed Classed (Check CAESAR for real time info)
- LEGAL_ST 206-0/SOCIOL 206-0 - This class is currently full. Students should add themselves to the waitlist if there are open spots. A limited number of seats might become available during the first week of the quarter.
- ENVR_SCI 201 – If you are unable to register for the class directly, please sign up on the class waitlist here: https://bit.ly/ENVR_SCI-201-Fall-2022
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
GENDER & SEXUALITY STUDIES
- For 200 level classes that are full, enroll in the waitlist.
- For 300+ level classes that are full, enroll in the waitlist if there is one. If there is not a waitlist in Caesar, email the instructor with a brief explanation in your interest in the class.
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING & MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
If a class is closed, please see https://www.mccormick.northwestern.edu/industrial/students/current-undergraduate/waitlist-requests.html for information on submitting a waitlist. Note that in some cases, seats are initially reserved for declared majors.
- For classes that are closed and have a waitlist, please join the waitlist. The Department will email you if we are able to add you off the waitlist.
- For classes or discussion sections that are closed and do not have a waitlist, regularly check CAESAR since seats often open after registration
1) Some sections are currently capped because some spots have to be saved for incoming students in the fall. The extra spots will open up on Friday, September 16th.
2) Traditionally we have been able to accommodate in our sections all students who need to fulfill the WCAS language requirement . However, please be aware that sections offered at 9am or at 3pm are more likely to have spots available than at other times.
3) For issues and sections set to "Department Consent," please contact:
- Placement Exam, Shannon Millikin
- Spanish 101, Heather Colburn
- Spanish 115, Heather Colburn
- Spanish 121, Shannon Millikin
- Spanish 121 Technical Coordinator: Tasha Seago-Ramaly
- Spanish 125, Irene Finestrat Martinez
- Spanish 127, Maria Teresa Villanueva
- Spanish 201, Reyes Moran
- Spanish 204, Denise Bouras
For questions about Spanish 127 students should get in touch directly with the professor.
The Math Department requests that you periodically check CAESAR for changes in availability. For inquiries or to request a permission number for a closed class, contact the department directly via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you need to request enrollment in a closed section, please submit a request through the following forms:
- For CHEM 110 – https://bit.ly/F22-CHEM110
- For CHEM 151 – https://bit.ly/F22-CHEM151
- For CHEM 215-1 – https://bit.ly/F22-CHEM215-1
For placement questions or any issues registering for a chemistry class, please email email@example.com.
ASIAN LC Language Classes
If you encounter pre-req issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
COMM_ST 102-0 (Public Speaking)
Seats are reserved for communication majors. Seats for other programs will open later in the day after 3pm.
DSGN 106-1/ENGLISH 106-1 (Design/Thinking/Communication)
See the McCormick undergraduate registration site for questions about DTC enrollment.
GEN_ENG 205-1 (Engineering Analysis I)
Students requesting placement in a closed section of EA 1 should fill out the EA 1 form found here.
COMP_SCI 111-0 (Fund Comp Prog)
If you encouter issues, contact Melissa Duong, email@example.com.
PRDV 101-1 (McCormick First Year Exp)
Students who encounter issues enrolling in PRDV 101 should submit the PRDV 101 form found here.
For classes that are closed and have a waitlist, please join the waitlist. The Department will email you if we are able to add you off the waitlist. Please email any questions or concerns to econBA@northwestern.edu.
For RELIGION 172 Introduction to Religion, Media, and Culture, contact Professor Sarah Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you are not able to enroll in the Fall 2022, RELIGION 172 is also offered in the Spring 2023. Please complete this form if you are interested.
For RELIGION 210 Introduction to Buddhism, contact Professor Sarah Jacoby at email@example.com.
For RELIGION 230 Introduction to Judaism, contact Professor Barry Wimpfheimer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general registration issues email email@example.com.
This course will be reserved for RTVF majors only until all majors have had an opportunity to register; any available seats will be released after 3:30pm on Friday. It would be great if this information could be added to the Closed Classes list.
RTVF 220 Analyzing Media Texts
This course will be reserved for RTVF majors only until all majors have had an opportunity to register; any available seats will be released after 3:30pm on Friday.
Or contact your advisor directly:
Last names beginning with:
Student Last Name
A B K
C D E F G H I J
La-Lis, W X Y Z
Lit+, M N O P Q R S T U V