Course Leaf Section Scheduler (CLSS)
Course Leaf Section Scheduler (CLSS) is Northwestern’s primary academic scheduling tool. CLSS updates SES through the first week of each academic term. This gives class schedulers control of their schedules from initial planning through the end of student registration.
Useful CLSS tools
- To gain access to CLSS, please submit the SES student records security form, checking the “CLSS (class planning)” box under “Related Systems.”
- Register for upcoming CLSS training.
- CLSS Users guide
- CLSS Rules and workflow
- CLSS How to videos and documents
CLSS/CAT scheduling important dates
- Friday, November 6– Winter schedules due to Office of the Registrar. Departments must click validate in CLSS, resolve any errors, and start workflow to submit their schedules.
- Friday, November 13– Schedule Live
- Thursday , November 19 – Pre-registration
- Monday, November 23 – Regular Registration
- Friday, January 15 – Final day to make changes to schedules through CLSS for Winter.
- Tuesday, January 19 – Spring schedules due to Office of the Registrar. Departments must click validate in CLSS, resolve any errors, and start workflow to submit their schedules.
- Tuesday, January 26 – Final refinements due before room assignment. Room Assignment Phase begins at end of day and access to CLSS is cut off for all.
- Monday, February 1 – Room Assignments finalized.
- Tuesday, February 1 – Departmental access to CLSS is restored.
- Monday, February 8 – Schedule Live
- Monday, February 15 – Pre-registration
- Monday, February 22 – Regular Registration
- Monday, April 5 – Final day to make changes to schedules through CLSS for Spring.