General Consumer Information
This information is provided in compliance with the Department of Education's Consumer Information Act and the Student-Right-to-Know Act.
- Northwestern University is a private, not-for-profit, nonsectarian, coeducational institution, created by Charter by the State of Illinois in 1851
- Visit the Life at Northwestern web page
- Contact the Office of Global Marketing and Communications
- Degree Programs, Training, and Other Education Offered
- About the Classroom Committee
- View Northwestern's Research Centers
- Visit the Facilities Management web site
Entities that accredit or license Northwestern
- Visit the University Accreditation web page
- Visit the Accessible NU page.
Drug and alcohol abuse prevention
Sexual misconduct response and prevention
- Visit the Sexual Misconduct Response and Prevention page.
Student completion rate
Equity in athletics
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Transfer credit policies
- Please see the Transfer and Test Credit page
Additional consumer information
- Visit the Student Financial Services Consumer Information web page