Petition to graduate instructions for students in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
All WCAS students must file a graduation petition approximately one calendar year prior to their intended graduation date.
We recommend that you complete most of the petition sections online and then print it as well as a copy of your degree progress report and take both forms with you when you meet with your department/program adviser(s).
A few instructions as you begin the petition to graduate process:
- Your college adviser does not need to sign your petition.
- You must meet with a department/program adviser for each major and minor you list on your petition. You must obtain the signature of the relevant adviser for each major/minor. These advisers should also indicate substitutions, waivers, themes or related courses requiring approval, etc. in the appropriate space on the back of the petition. You may attach additional pages or worksheets if needed.
- College-level exceptions for the Distribution, Writing Proficiency, Foreign Language Proficiency,etc. requirements cannot be indicated on this form.
- Dual Bachelor's Degree Students: Please fill out a second petition form for your additional bachelor's degree.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the student's Northwestern email address once the petition has been processed by your degree auditor.