Petition to graduate instructions for students in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences
All WCAS students must file a graduation petition approximately one calendar year prior to their intended graduation date.
We recommend that you consult your degree progress report before you when you meet with your department/program adviser(s).
A few instructions as you begin the petition to graduate process:
- Your college adviser does not need to sign your petition.
- You must meet with a department/program adviser for listed in this document. You must obtain the signature of the relevant adviser for each major/minor. These advisers should also indicate substitutions, waivers, themes or related courses requiring approval, etc. on your petition. You may attach additional pages or worksheets to the petition if needed.
- College-level exceptions for the Distribution, Writing Proficiency, Foreign Language Proficiency,etc. requirements cannot be indicated on this form.
- Dual Bachelor's Degree Students: Please fill out a second petition form for your additional bachelor's degree.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the student's Northwestern email address once the petition has been processed by your degree auditor.