Skip to main content

Transfer and Test Credit

Per the Undergraduate Registration Requirement, there are required minimum numbers of Northwestern credits and quarters students must earn in order to complete a Northwestern degree. These minimums also affect the numbers of Advanced Placement (AP), transfer credit, and/or other external credit (such as International Baccalaureate) that may be applied toward the undergraduate degree. The requirement varies depending upon whether a student enters as a freshman or transfer student, and whether the degree program is a four-year program or a dual bachelor’s degree program. Students should review the requirement when attempting to transfer credit.

If you are submitting application documents, please submit them to Undergraduate Admissions by mail or electronically at

Transfer credit guidelines for:

Procedures for:

General guidelines for transfer credit

To review the general guidelines for transfer credit visit the transfer credit policies page.