Request a Diploma
The office will be unable to process rush requests between December 4, 2014 and January 5, 2015.
The Office of the Registrar orders diplomas for graduating students, replaces diplomas and corrects diplomas with errors.
Request a replacement diploma
Policy: The student who achieved the degree must place the diploma request.
- Download and complete the Request for Replacement Diploma Form (pdf)There is a charge of $50.00 for the replacement diploma. If paying by credit card please call (847) 491-3289 during business hours to provide the credit card information after mailing or faxing the transcript order. Do not give credit card information in voice mail.Do not include credit card information on this form. Northwestern University cannot accept credit card information on this form. If Paying by check please make check payable to: Northwestern University. Diploma orders will not be processed until payment is received.
- Fax or mail your order to the Office of the Registrar. E-mail and telephone orders are not accepted.
Fax: (847) 491-8458
Mail: Office of the Registrar, Attn: Diploma Services
633 Clark Street
Evanston, Illinois 60208-1118
- Allow six to eight weeks for your replacement diploma(s).
If you want the NU Registrar’s Office to send an Apostille request on your behalf to the Secretary of State, include a check for $2.00 payable to Secretary of State and a self-addressed stamped envelope or pre-paid FedEx self-addressed envelope. To submit an Apostille request on you own, mail a $2.00 check and your notarized diploma directly to the Secretary of State. For more information visit the Cook County Clerk’s website at www.cookcountyclerk.com/vitalrecords/authenticatingnotaries
Correct a diploma error
Policy: Return your diploma with the error to the Office of the Registrar, and it will be corrected and replaced. There is no charge for a single, corrected diploma.
- Request a corrected diploma in writing.
The following personal information must be included in the request:
- Date Requested
- Name registered under while attending Northwestern University
- Student ID number (If available. Do not include social security number)
- Name to be printed on diploma(s) if different from above (subject to verification)
- School(s) attended
- Degree(s) awarded
- Date(s) Degree(s) were awarded (month & year)
- Mailing address
- Number of diploma(s) requested
- Reason for requesting replacement diploma(s)
- Signature (request will not be processed without signature)
- Contact telephone number and e-mail address
- Fold and include the diploma (with the error) with your request.
- Mail your order to the Office of the Registrar:
Office of the Registrar, Attn: Diploma Services
633 Clark Street
Evanston, IL 60208-1118