Adding & Dropping Courses
Add a Course
Click on the "Enroll" link from the Student Center. The Add Classes-Select Term page appears.
Select a term and press the "Continue" button. The Add Classes-Select Classes to Add page appears.
Enter a 5-digit class number in the Class Nbr field provided and press the Enter button (or press the "Search" button to access the Add Classes-Enter Search Criteria page to search and select a course).
If the class has a related component(s), such as lab or discussion section(s), the Add Classes-Select Classes to Add-Related Class Sections page appears. Note: You must register for discussion or lab sections with the lecture. You cannot register for labs and discussion sections independently.
Select the section(s) you want and press the "Next" button. If the class has no related sections, or if you've just selected a related section, the Add Classes-Select Classes to Add-Enrollment Preferences page appears.
The Enrollment Preferences page displays registration options available for the class(es) in which you are enrolling, which you may be able to modify depending on the class.
- If permission is required for this course, you must enter the permission number in the "Class Permission Nbr" field.
- If this is a variable credit course, you may enter the number of credits that you will receive for passing the class in the "Units" field.
- If multiple grading options are available such as "P/Not Pass", the "Grading" field will allow you to elect the desired grading basis.
- If the course is full and it maintains an online waitlist, you may also place a check mark in teh "Wait list if class full" box.
You have now successfully added this class to your shopping cart! You have been returned to the Add Classes-Select Classes to Add page, which now displays a confirmation message and the contents of your shopping cart.
Repeat the steps above to add additional classes to your Shopping Cart or press the "Proceed to step 2 of 3" button to move to the confirmation stage of the enrollment process.
The Add Classes-Confirm Classes page displays the classes you've selected from your shopping cart to add at this time. Confirm your selections and click the "Finish Editing" button.
When your transactions have been processed, the Add Classes-View Results page appears. Successful enrollments will display a green checkmark next to the class, and unsuccessful enrollments will display a red 'X' next to the class. If a class addition or swap is unsuccessful, Errors will be displayed in the Message field.
- Press the "Add Another Class" button to add another class or press the "My Class Schedule" button to view and print a copy of your class schedule.
- Confirm that your schedule is correct, press the "Printer Friendly Page" link in the lower right hand corner and then print a copy if you wish. [Alternately, you can navigate from the Menu by selecting "For Students > Enrollment > View My Class Schedule"]
Click on the Enroll link from the Student Center. The Add Classes-Select Term page appears.
Press the drop link. The Drop Classes-Select Term page appears.
Select the term and press the "Continue" button. The Drop Classes-Select Classes to Drop page appears.
Select the classes you wish to drop and press the "Drop Selected Classes" button. The Drop Classes-Confirm Your Selection page appears.
- Review the page to confirm the courses you wish to drop. Press the "Finish Dropping" button to complete the drop transaction or press the "Cancel" button to exit without dropping your class(es).
- If the action is successful, CAESAR will display "Success" in the Message field. If the drop is unsuccessful, the Errors will be displayed in the Message field. Press the "My Class Schedule" button to review your new schedule.
Note: It is important to check and update your telephone, address and emergency contact information. Please access that information at the appropriate link under Personal Portfolio and follow the instructions provided.