Online Change of Grade Process
- Available for all students, except those in professional careers (i.e. Med, Law)
- System will enforce current policies/deadlines (see page 20 of the 2011/2012 Undergraduate Catalog)
- Undergraduates in residence have until the end of the following term to complete
- Graduate students, and undergraduates not in residence, have one calendar year to complete
- Grade changes are not allowed for students who have graduated
- When grade rosters are closed at the end of each term, any “missing grades” will be converted to an NR (no grade reported by instructor) grade
The Process, in a nutshell:
- The Instructor/Grading Proxy opens the grade roster in CAESAR for the desired class and term.
- The Instructor clicks on the “request grade change” arrow corresponding to the student for which s/he wishes to request a change of grade. The system pre-fills the necessary information about the class and the student.
- The Instructor must choose a “reason” for the request (see list below), and s/he’ll also be able to add a free-text “comment”.
- Completed final paper & final exam
- The Instructor will submit the request which will cause workflow to send the request to the appropriate dean. The Dean is sent an email informing her/him that a grade change request is in her/his worklist and is awaiting approval. The student is emailed that the Dean has been sent the grade change approval request.
- If the student is in the UGRD career, we use the class’s acad_group to determine the appropriate dean.
- If the student is a grad student, we use the student’s career to determine the appropriate dean.
- The Dean will view the request from her/his worklist. S/he can approve or deny, and make a “comment” if desired.
- If approved, the grade will immediately be changed on the student’s official record.
- Whether the Dean approves or denies, an email will be sent to the instructor and the student informing them of the Dean’s decision.