Obtain an Electronic Degree Audit or "What-If" Degree Audit
Electronic Degree Audit
The Electronic Degree Audit is an unofficial report available to undergraduate students, Law students and Undergraduate Academic Advisers.
It displays the requirements of the degree, major(s) or minor(s) students have declared by applying the student's coursework to the degree requirements and evaluating the progress toward degree completion.
What-If Degree Audits show students how their coursework may fulfill degree requirements of other majors and minors at the University without having to actually change their current declared program of study.
Instructions for Advisers: Log into CAESAR and select View Degree Progress at the Student Center.
Important notes about the Electronic Degree Audit:
- It is not a transcript. It is an internal University document and not intended for distribution outside of the University.
- Its list of graduation requirements is superseded by the official degree requirements listed in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Specializations or concentrations that may or may not be required in the major or minor must be officially declared in order to obtain a complete evaluation.
- Substitutions or waivers approved by Academic Advisers must be officially noted on the student's academic record in order to be reflected on the Electronic Degree Audit report.
- It is not meant to replace proper advising. It is however meant to aid and assist students and advisers and to improve the advising process.
CAESAR's "What-If" Degree Progress function allows students to see how their coursework may fulfill the degree requirements of other majors and minors at the University without having to actually change their current declared program of study.
Steps for Obtaining a What-If Degree Audit
Instructions for Advisers:
- Log into CAESAR and select What-If Degree Progress at the Student Center. Then select:
- Alternate program (school)
- Plan (major) and/or subplan (concentration)
- Catalog edition
- CAESAR will generate a simulated Degree Progress report for the student’s academic record, as if the declared program had been changed to the values that were selected.
Important Notes about the What-If Degree Audit
- Taking this action in CAESAR will NOT permanently affect the student’s real academic record, but will generate a report as if this were the student’s declared academic information.
- This report should be used for advising purposes only and is not an irrevocable contract with Northwestern University.
- Degree auditors in the Office of the Registrar, in conjunction with the student’s adviser(s) will determine the official status of the student’s progress toward degree completion and certification. Northwestern University reserves the right to change, without notice, any statement in this report concerning, but not limited to, rules, policies, curricula and courses.
Additional Questions about your Electronic Degree Audit?
Contact the Office of the Registrar Electronic Degree Audit Support at email@example.com.
Please note: If you have questions about your progress toward degree completion, these should be addressed first to your academic advisor who may consult with your degree auditor.